A Real Job?

Something that frustrates me a lot is the fact that there are so MANY people who have their opinions on what is and what is not a job. To me a job is something you make money out of. Whatever it is, it's still a job. 

Somehow I feel like it is people in their 40's and older that LOVE to spit on others, and my question is why? Just because someone isn't sitting in an office from 9-17 like you might do, or just because they don't work as a carpenter or mechanic doesn't mean they do not have a real job. A real job is a job, who cares if it means they get to travel the world and document it for money. But I get it, you might be raised to think that you should get an ordinary job and work your ass of until the day that you'll fall off the stick and die, but that doesn't mean YOU have the right to complain and think less of the person who won't do like you. The ONLY problem in this, is YOU. You are the boring and narrow-minded person who should revalue your thoughts. Have you ever though about the fact that your negativity towards others might be because you want to do what they do? And if so, quit your job and focus on something that you want to do.

I AM SO TIRED, so tired of narrow-minded folks that doesn't realise that it is 2017, soon 2018. Social medias is something that is around us all of the time so it is not weird that some have the opportunity to make money out of it. But that doesn't mean it's not a real job. They've probably worked as hard as you did to get where you are, maybe even harder! Their work is their life, they document it, write about it photograph it, everything. There is a lot of work behind it that people do not understand. Editing, writing, coming up with new ideas, being unique etc. And also a lot of marketing, ads collaborations and so on, and I bet it's not easy. Some companies will try to deceive them so they'll have to be smart, and some companies might have bad values and that is something that is important to keep an eye on as well..

I've tried blogging back and forth since I was 13 (2008), but it usually ended up me quitting since I got bored of it because my ideas disappeared, also my life wasn't that interesting that I wanted to write about my days, everyday. With that I mean that it isn't a walk in the park, it's not something you get done in a few minutes. It takes time and effort to make a great and interesting blog, it's the same with Youtube. To make it you have to put in so many hours! I am not a professional blogger, instagrammer or youtuber, but I know that it takes time. When I edit my travel videos it can take up to 10h, I wouldn't post something I'm not happy with, and I'm pretty sure they work the same way.

NEVER make someone feel like shit just because you are being a stuck up idiot. Never do it whatever your reason is. Pretty often I see articles on Facebook about different people working with social media, and the comments are NASTY! It's usually Swedish articles, with Swedish people commenting. In Sweden no one can be better than the other, everyone have to get the same salary, shop at the same store and just think less of themselves pretty much. People are big idiots, sorry for saying it but I get so disappointed in humanity. Why can't we be happy for the 17 year old girl who have built an empire by being herself? Why can't we congratulate the girl who've had social anxiety and panic attacks almost a third of her life, but have started to get out of it with help from being able to work on the internet? Or the boy who told his family, friends and the whole world that he is gay, and today breaks the norms with wearing heels and exploring the make up world... 

Be whoever you want to be, but stop putting people down for not being like you. Some people want to live the "regular" life with the "regular" job and some people doesn't, so if that is the case, LET THEM!

Instead of putting them down, help them, inspire them, push them to go for their dreams and to not back down just because there's a bump in the road.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar