New Year's Resolution

When this year started I made a list of different resolutions that I wanted to complete, or at least start this year. Sadly and stupidly I forgot about the list, which means I haven't completed/started things that I wished for and had plans on working towards. October is here, and soon enough it'll be gone. It is less than three months until the day when we'll celebrate the past year and the new one that's coming.


The list of things had to change;


  1. Read 12 books – I've read 3,5 so that didn't go as planned. The first quarter of the year I read the amount I should have, one book each month. Sort of three months left of the year now and I am not going to force myself into reading 9 books, it's ridiculous. New goal is, COMPLETE AT LEAST THREE BOOKS.
  2. Finish a colouring book – This goal came from the idea of taking it chill, relax, listen to some music and find peace. I've done this a few times, but not enough. Instead of finishing one, because it takes longer than you think, I'm changing this into ONE HOUR A WEEK WITH THE COLOURING BOOK AND MUSIC, NO TECHNOLOGY.
  3. Visit Disneyland in Paris – I have, since I was a child, dreamed of visiting Disneyland. Me and some of my friends have talked about it on certain occasions but never gotten to that point when we actually decides on going there. This year will not be THE year so I'm changing this to SAVE MONEY FOR A FUTURE TRIP TO DISNEYLAND.
  4. Travel to a different continent – This will not happen this year either, probably. Although I do need to save loads of money for this, travelling is not cheap. Too bad it's the best thing I know. SAVE MONEY TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO ANOTHER CONTINENT.
  5. Lose 10 kg (~ 22 lbs) – The goal from hell, I do not like this at all. It screams self-hatred. But somehow I feel like this is something that will always be on my list. But I'm gonna change it, partly because it won't happen in three months and if it did it wouldn't be healthy at all. EXERCISE REGULARLY.
Above is some of my goals from 2017, not all. The other things on my list are things that I wouldn't be finished with this year, either it costs too much or it is something I have to learn over time. I really like to look at the list now when I actually remember it, there are so many things that has a meaning to it. It also says I little bit about me as a person. There are things that is a bit daredevil, some things has to do with exploring and other stuff has to do with knowledge.

An example of a thing I want to do is,
GO SKYDIVING
It is so terribly scary! I am not scared of heights, not even a bit, I find it fascinating looking down and seeing everything from another perspective. Although I am so enormously scared of falling to my death if something goes wrong. But I sort of feel like it would be worth it...
Then there's five languages I want to learn,
FRENCH
ITALIAN
GERMAN
CHINESE
&
SYRIAN

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar